Email: | Call us today: 614.398.1494

Get Quote Getting a quote is simple, fast, and free!

Service Line Coverage from Your Insurance Carrier

January 13, 2020
Author: Liz Giannetti

Happy 2020! We hope your new year is off to a great start and you’re keeping those resolutions. If one of your resolutions was to save some coin, we’ve got a good way to do it. Many of our carriers, including Safeco, Grange and Travelers offer an endorsement on your homeowner’s policy that provides coverage for physical loss or damage to covered service lines if they fail. We’re talking about big ticket items like:

  • Communications
  • Compressed air
  • Drainage
  • Electrical power
  • Heating
  • Waste disposal
  • Water (not including septic systems or on-site wells)

The best thing is that the endorsement only costs a few bucks per month (for example, our own Liz Giannetti added this coverage onto her Safeco homeowners policy for just $29 per year). So instead of shelling out $5,000 to fix your water line, you’re only going to be paying a $500 deductible.

For our customers with Allstate and Nationwide, you can buy this coverage thought AEP. Here’s some more information:

Additionally, here’s more information about service line coverage from the Ohio Consumer’s Counsel for your reading pleasure:

If you’re interested in adding on this endorsement to your Safeco, Grange or Travelers policy, give us a call at 614-398-1494 and we’ll get it taken care of for you.